my never ending muffin top never seemed to get better--no many how many calories I cut back. it seemed that no matter what I did or what I ate, the weight was glued to me. like a giant stretch-marky tumor, attached to both sides.
then trin and I started making simple changes. some of them seem pretty damn drastic.. or impossible. but if you start off and slowly change your habits--it's not too bad.
1. we cut soda. which was harder than me than on the boys.. what started off as a way to make sure my daughter wouldn't drink soft drinks, ended up changing the whole household. we started drinking water. lots of water. and after of about 2 months of dying for a cherry coke zero, I feel much better.
2. we dropped skim, almond and soy milk. we ended up going whole milk since that's what Rae had to drink. once we started drinking almost-raw, low-temp pastureized and non-homogenized milk, I found myself not getting hungry for longer in between breakfast and lunch.
3. we cut out snacky foods. no chips, no candies in this house unless it's homemade. I chop up fruit and veg in containers for the kids not nosh on as a snack.
4. we only cook in butter, ghee, olive oil or coconut oil. because this stuff is expensive we use less of it.. and because we buy more natural versions of it, we don't have to worry about additives.
5. we don't eat fast food. the only time I even eat fast food is when I have to grab a salad on my 30 minute lunch on Sundays.. but once we cut out soda, no one really wanted fast food.
6. we have organic produce delivered to my house biweekly. do you know what happens when you order fifty damn dollars worth of produce? you have to use it! so I'm stuck with a crap-ton of produce we have to eat.
7. we almost cut alcohol out completely. I don't drink liquor anymore and I limit myself on beers. we still do have some "tie one on evenings." but it's just an excess expense and calories.
I'm slowly getting my body back. it's firming up, and I think yoga, palmers cocoa butter and epsom salt baths are working.
we make cooking an event in this house. all hands on deck and everyone knows what's for dinner and help with preparation.
I'm still a work in progress, but I'm not too embarrased to wear shorts anymore. 😺

No comments:
Post a Comment