Hello all!
My name is Karissa, but you are welcome to call me K. I'm probably the most optimistic realist with depression and anxiety you will ever meet. I'm also horrible with creating a bio for myself, so please, bear with me.
Let's see.... what should you know about me, going into this?
- 30 years old
- cervical cancer survivor (January 2015 will make 5 years I've been in remission!)
- married to my best friend since high school, Trey
Trey is a paramedic. He works crazy hours, but still manages to be a great husband and even better father. He's the yin to my yang. He keeps my feet on the ground, and I help him remember to look to the sky.
- proud mother of Veronica Grace, or as she prefers to be known, Roni.
She's almost 4, smart as a whip, and obsessed with all things girly, such as makeup, dress up, and ballet. I don't know how I ended up with such a girly girl, but I adore that she's all the things I'm not.
- currently a stay at home mom, but this coming year I will be a student again as well. I'm finally going to fight my fear of failure, and finish what I started out wanting to do, cosmetology.
- Much like Aud, our family is also partially organic. I'm crafty, and frugal. I love to cook and bake, I make our laundry detergent and cleaners, and I love to turn trash into treasure. I'm always searching Pinterest for something new to create. There's a good chance I'll be sharing some of the cool things I've tried and tested with you.
- HUGE nerd. I am a major fangirl. Some of my favorites are Doctor Who, Sherlock, Arrow, Batman, Harry Potter.... I could go on and on, but I won't. Odds are something nerdy will get thrown into each of my posts. It's just part of who I am.
That's it. That's me in a tiny nutshell. My life is far from perfect, but I still love it. I finally have a place I call home, and wonderful people to share that experience with. And I look forward to sharing it with you.
Much love,
K



No comments:
Post a Comment