Sunday, January 4, 2015

that red headed girl.


Hi! I'm Jenny :) 




  • I am 27 years old. I have lived in the tri state area for most of my life. I was born in Bowling Green KY, in a teaching hospital where they asked my poor laboring mother if a band of students, to become doctors, could watch my birth & in turn my mother in all her glory (she politely declined).
  • I have red hair & I only mention it because it tends to be my outstanding feature. It's something everyone notices and nearly everyone will comment on. I'm that red headed girl, and yes I am well aware that we are 'on our way out' of the gene pool. 
  • I have depression & anxiety issues, that I don't mind to talk about. They actually came in handy when I worked in the world of mental health for almost 2 years. I was able to relate to my clients and therefor help them. Currently I am focusing on meditation, instead of medication. By that I mean I breathe deep and think about what's going on. Either path someone chooses is fine to take. I judge not those on medication. I've been down that road. I just chose to take a different path at some point. Whatever helps, as long as you're happy, is the right path for you.
  • I planned on being a stay at home mom, but a job sort of fell into my lap. I am a breastfeeding peer counselor for the local WIC office & I love it. I get to support & encourage mothers through their breastfeeding journeys. Whether that be for 2 days or 2 years. Not to mention, I get to make my own hours & work from home. 

  • Now that's enough about me, on to my family. I am getting ready to celebrate 1 year of being married to my awesome husband, SMK, but we've been together almost 4 years total. We were married in a little wedding chapel on a cold winter's day, but let's leave the details for later.



  • We have an amazing daughter, Baby E, who just turned 6 months and is learning to  crawl. She is my first & only biological child, although I've had a hand in raising a few others that I would claim as my own. Baby E has opened up my eyes to the wonderful world of full time parenting, and I couldn't be happier. She's my pride and joy. 
  • I have 2 fur babies. Jasper Lee and Onna Shae. Yes, I gave my dogs middle names. I also use their middle names when I'm angry at them. Jasper will be 8 this year & Onna will be 7. It doesn't even feel like they've been in my life this long. They are great little dogs & I'm lucky to have them. They're pretty much my best friends.



  • So back to me? I'm a self proclaimed crafter. I'm on pinterest all the time looking for some new project. Baby E's room was 90% decorated with my crafts. I'm a reader. I love my kindle. It makes it so easy to read when Baby E falls asleep on me. I am attempting to dive into the world of 'crunchy parenting' (ie, cloth diapers, homemade baby food, etc). We'll see how it goes ;) 
  • I suppose that's enough about me. I am very excited to be a part of this blog with these wonderful ladies! 

Until Next Time
Jenny

2 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful Jenny! I will happily follow you blog and look forward to working with you on a future blog post and reading any upcoming posts you may have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you are doing this! Looking forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete